Personal musings, wanderings and sightings from around the lake.
A little history, and about the lake, at the bottom of the page.

quote

Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me



Tuesday, 6 September 2011

First Day Back

After my visit to Wales, it was back to a blustery Caldecotte.

I think we got the arse end of the hurricane from America at the moment. A very windy morning, and rain.

A couple of feeders have disappeared, and the ones that were left, were all empty.
I quickly filled them, and then just took a very quick look under the road bridge, and Cormorant island.

A better look tomorrow.






Full list of today's sightings

Mute Swan (Cygnus olor)
Mallard [sp] (Anas platyrhynchos)
Great Crested Grebe [sp] (Podiceps cristatus)
Great Cormorant [sp] (Phalacrocorax carbo)
Common Moorhen [sp] (Gallinula chloropus)
Common Coot [sp] (Fulica atra)
Black-headed Gull (Chroicocephalus ridibundus)
Lesser Black-backed Gull [sp] (Larus fuscus)
Common Wood Pigeon [sp] (Columba palumbus)
British Great Tit (Parus major newtoni)
Eurasian Magpie [sp] (Pica pica)
Carrion Crow [sp] (Corvus corone)
British Chaffinch (Fringilla coelebs gengleri)

Total species  13
 

10 comments:

  1. I'm struggling for internet. so will look at this later. Good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm struggling for internet. so will look at this later. Good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you had a beautiful time in Wales, a perfect country. We all have missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Keith..It sure looks blustery there, not quite as it was here last week though!
    Nice to here your voice again!!
    The birds will be glad your back!! : }

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH they missed you--I know they are glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wet....Windy....shopping to be done....bills to pay, I bet I know were you'd rather be!
    Welcome home mate, glad you had a good holiday....[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Keith O'Hagen. Sky News.
    From the middle of the bleeding Atlantic."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers Adrian. Good to be back.........sort of lol

    Thank you Bob. A brilliant time :-)

    Thank you Grace. Yea, a bit windy here this morning.

    Thanks Sondra. Yea, back to some sort of normal......for now.

    Trevor, thank you. Yea, the bloody bills still keep coming lol

    Roy.....I couldn't have put it better myself lol
    Great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I second all the comments already posted Keith.. nice to have you back...and I hope refreshed from your break.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Andrew. Had a great time, and now need another holiday to get over it lol

    ReplyDelete