Personal musings, wanderings and sightings from around the lake.
A little history, and about the lake, at the bottom of the page.

quote

Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me



Friday, 16 September 2011

Brief

Hardly worth posting really.

I didn't come here yesterday, because Trevor, from Three Counties Herald, and myself, had a fantastic day out at Pitsford Reservoir.

Back here, today, all the feeders were empty, so after filling those up, it was pretty much time to go. The jolly job centre awaits later.



The usual birds on the footbridge and feeders as I left; and I'd like to say a very BIG thank you to Trevor, for donating some money to the 'seed fund'.
Thanks mate, I really appreciate that.

It was worth posting for that alone.

 






Full list of today's sightings

Mute Swan (Cygnus olor)
Black-headed Gull (Chroicocephalus ridibundus)
Common Wood Pigeon [sp] (Columba palumbus)
British Dunnock (Prunella modularis occidentalis)
Common Blackbird [sp] (Turdus merula)
British Blue Tit (Cyanistes caeruleus obscurus)
British Great Tit (Parus major newtoni)
Eurasian Magpie [sp] (Pica pica)
Carrion Crow [sp] (Corvus corone)
House Sparrow [sp] (Passer domesticus)
British Chaffinch (Fringilla coelebs gengleri)
European Greenfinch [sp] (Carduelis chloris)
European Goldfinch [sp] (Carduelis carduelis)

Total species  13
 

7 comments:

  1. Cheers mate, no problem.

    I really enjoyed yesterday, it was as great day.

    Good luck for later....[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck........you are spending more time at the dole than you did at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Trevor.
    Just back from there. Bit of a ball ache, but glad it's done now. Time to chill with a bottle. :-)

    Thanks Adrian. You're not far wrong there.
    Still not sure if I'm claiming for the proper stuff yet; back there in 2 weeks. I'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may be a QUICK TIME but, you caught a Carrion Crow sitting on the favourite spot, telling everybody that he was on Caldecotte Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Keith...Thanks to Trevor, we will be seeing more of the birds at the feeder's : }
    Hope everything from all this paper work and mumble jumble works out well for you!!

    Hugs
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. My best wishes to you Keith...
    I would love all the UK bloggers to meet up for a blowout one weekend...
    It would have to be central and a one nighter on a Saturday night...cheap accomodation..even camping.
    I nominate you as secretary...tell me to pi*s off with the idea if you want.
    Just a thought after a couple of cans of Black Label lol..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Bob. Yea, one of my favourite Crows. Always looking for a tit-bit. :-)

    Thank you Grace. Hopefully all the bureaucracy is over for a couple of weeks, and I can start to get back to some proper life for a while.

    Andrew, something I'd love too. A mass blogging meet up. Would be great to meet so many like minded people.

    ReplyDelete