Personal musings, wanderings and sightings from around the lake.
A little history, and about the lake, at the bottom of the page.

quote

Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me



Monday, 25 April 2011

Should be a good one

But it ain't.

Even today's picture is poor quality.




After the highs of the last few days, today should be good; but I just can't get into it.
I only walked the north lake, and my heart wasn't in that very much.


Another year older, but no wiser.








Full list of today's sightings

Mute Swan (Cygnus olor)
Greylag Goose [sp] (Anser anser)
Greater Canada Goose [sp] (Branta canadensis)
Mallard [sp] (Anas platyrhynchos)
Great Crested Grebe [sp] (Podiceps cristatus)
Great Cormorant [sp] (Phalacrocorax carbo)
Common Moorhen [sp] (Gallinula chloropus)
Common Coot [sp] (Fulica atra)
Eurasian Oystercatcher [sp] (Haematopus ostralegus)
Common Tern [sp] (Sterna hirundo)
Common Wood Pigeon [sp] (Columba palumbus)
Eurasian Collared Dove [sp] (Streptopelia decaocto)
British Wren (Troglodytes troglodytes indigenus)
British Dunnock (Prunella modularis occidentalis)
British Robin (Erithacus rubecula melophilus)
Common Blackbird [sp] (Turdus merula)
British Song Thrush (Turdus philomelos clarkei)
Eurasian Reed Warbler [sp] (Acrocephalus scirpaceus)
Blackcap [sp] (Sylvia atricapilla)
British Long-tailed Tit (Aegithalos caudatus rosaceus)
British Great Tit (Parus major newtoni)
Eurasian Magpie [sp] (Pica pica)
Carrion Crow [sp] (Corvus corone)
Common Starling [sp] (Sturnus vulgaris)
House Sparrow [sp] (Passer domesticus)
British Chaffinch (Fringilla coelebs gengleri)
European Greenfinch [sp] (Carduelis chloris)
European Goldfinch [sp] (Carduelis carduelis)

Total species  28

14 comments:

  1. Keith,cheer up mate,you sound a bit down this morning :[
    I take it from what you say above it must be your Birthday today, in which case many happy returns and best wishes.:o) ;o)
    I think you say at the end of the video that you've "got work later", in which case many commiserations :-{
    Remember tomorrow will be another wonderful day,whatever it brings us, and I'm sure all the inhabitants around the lake will be waiting to see you!

    btw. I hit the big six'o on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trevor. Yea, having a bad day today. Never mind.

    Cheers Adrian :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes birthday boy, picture looks fine to me. Chin up you got Friday and monday off soon, and the Royal wedding to watch;-) Or maybe not

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Debbie.
    Friday and Monday I should be working. Sometimes I wish I had a proper job lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just caught up with your last couple of posts and enjoyed them and the videos very much... well apart from the litter louts that is :(

    Most people would be more than happy with your idea of a 'poor quality' photo ;)

    Sorry you are feeling down on your Birthday but I wish you a very happy one anyway! Maybe it's a bit of an anticlimax after the Lake District and then the prospect of work. Hope you feel brighter as the day goes on. Sending a BIG HUG and a BIG X :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many happies my friend and birthday boy! And hope the days get better very quickly for you..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finished work early :)

    Thanks Jan. Yea, I'm sure you're right. A big anticlimax after all the fun ;)

    Debbie, damn indeed lol

    Thanks Tricia. Maybe a little wine later. Red :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated birthday wishes Keith. You got a better photo of a thrush than I did this afternoon. One sat on a fence a few feet away and it stayed there right up till the lens pointed in its direction!
    I was more than surprised when a local builders merchants were out delivering on a bank holiday today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keith keep on smiling. Another year is just another year, don't count them. Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks John. I'm sure birds wait to see the lens aim towards them, only to disappear. lol

    Anna, thank you. The years seem to come round quicker every year :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well Happy Birthday--Ive been down in the dumps myself with gas prices soaring it means I dont get to travel the way I want to this yr..and that has really bummed me out--Hope tomorrow finds you rip roaring and ready to face the world...Birthday HUG!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Sondra. Our fuel prices are the worst I've ever known it, at the moment.

    ReplyDelete