Personal musings, wanderings and sightings from around the lake.
A little history, and about the lake, at the bottom of the page.

quote

Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me



Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Rubbish

The low life scum were out in the sun yesterday, and left their rubbish behind.
It really saddens me that these people exist.




Do they really believe that this kind of thing is acceptable?

I e-mailed a couple of pictures to the local paper, but I doubt anything will come of it.


A much cooler, and cloudy day today, and a bit windy too. I just walked the south lake this morning.

At one of the lifebelt fixtures, I noticed a Blue Tit, flying inside. A strange place for a nest, so I'll keep an eye on this one.

A lot of Swallows and Sand Martins skimming over the water, and these kept me amused for ages. I never tire of watching their flying skills.

Not a day for amassing a great list of birds, and apart from the cretins who left their rubbish behind, an enjoyable time in the company of the expert flyers.
 






Full list of today's sightings

Mute Swan (Cygnus olor)
Greylag Goose [sp] (Anser anser)
Greater Canada Goose [sp] (Branta canadensis)
Mallard [sp] (Anas platyrhynchos)
Tufted Duck (Aythya fuligula)
Great Crested Grebe [sp] (Podiceps cristatus)
Great Cormorant [sp] (Phalacrocorax carbo)
Common Coot [sp] (Fulica atra)
Common Gull (Larus canus canus)
Lesser Black-backed Gull [sp] (Larus fuscus)
Common Tern [sp] (Sterna hirundo)
Common Wood Pigeon [sp] (Columba palumbus)
Sand Martin [sp] (Riparia riparia)
Barn Swallow [sp] (Hirundo rustica)
Pied Wagtail (Motacilla alba yarrellii)
British Robin (Erithacus rubecula melophilus)
Common Blackbird [sp] (Turdus merula)
Eurasian Reed Warbler [sp] (Acrocephalus scirpaceus)
Blackcap [sp] (Sylvia atricapilla)
British Blue Tit (Cyanistes caeruleus obscurus)
British Great Tit (Parus major newtoni)
Eurasian Magpie [sp] (Pica pica)
Eurasian Jackdaw [sp] (Corvus monedula)
Carrion Crow [sp] (Corvus corone)
Common Starling [sp] (Sturnus vulgaris)
House Sparrow [sp] (Passer domesticus)
British Chaffinch (Fringilla coelebs gengleri)
European Greenfinch [sp] (Carduelis chloris)
European Goldfinch [sp] (Carduelis carduelis)

Total species  29

17 comments:

  1. Can't see the video Bandwidth hopeless again. It's unbelievable. Pity they can't be identified. It's not only unsightly but a danger to animals. Unfortunately not the animals that left the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a cull on these low life should be legal Adrian.

    Probably not my most popular statement; but they do make me angry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats an absolute disgrace Keith, I have not seen anything like that lately.
    The result of a liberal society that appears to have been produced over the last decade or two. Makes you want to leave the country. I think it best that these low life scum be placed against a wall and shot. If they were identified the legal system as it currently is, would deal with them so leniently that it wouldn't make any difference to their attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keith I feel you pain and I'm on your side--THOSE Types dont deserve access to the parks!!
    I know you will probably NOT get a reply from the newspaper--Ive tried that too. Enjoyed the Video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roy, that's the worst I've ever seen it. I just couldn't believe it. I think you're right, the country has had it. We live in a society that has no respect for people or the country.

    Sondra, it was heartbreaking to see that mess this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keith, that's absolutly discusting, and very sad that people can treat their enviropment this way. I bet that if you asked the low life they would say that they were responsible human beings. Like you say it's just a waste of good oxygen.

    I'm affraid I didn't pay much attention to the rest of your video as I was too wound up, I'll watch it later when I've calmed down

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trevor, I doubt the scum could string two words together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great image of the habitat, too bad you were not there to get an image of the animals in their habitat. Now that would make a great before and after series for the paper...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Dale. They'd look good on the front page :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder if the IQ zeros leave their own back garden looking like that - disgusting, hope the local rag takes it up after all it's the rate payers who will have to foot the clean up bill eventually.

    I hope the lifebelt isn't needed in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's the trouble John; always someone else who has to clean up after these toerags.
    Hopefully the lifebelt won't be needed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Complete filth m8 i really hope the news paper and council does something about this , why on earth people do it thing is if it was like that in the first place they would not have gone there so why leave it that way , makes me mad any way hope to see some more great pictures of wild life again soon .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Zeph. I had an e-mail from Johnston Press earlier.
    It was blank lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Keith.. These are the kind of people who would be "extremely wild" if you did this on there property...I don't get it....to bad!!
    Keep calm if you can ...hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grammie, you're probably right. They should be made to clean up areas like this as part of their punishment; if they ever got caught.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know the sun really has a habit of bringing the cretins out... The embankment at work is usually sooooo spotless but the lowlife decided to sit there and eat their lunch from their polystyrene chip holders. Pity they didn't feel responsible enough to dispose of it once finished. Ahhhhhh it really hits a nerve here too. Next time I think my camera could do some good by outing these dumb ass mofo's

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie, it's such a shame that a few thoughtless lowlife, can spoil a day for so many people. And if they're ever caught, nothing happens.

    ReplyDelete